Credit scores are big factors in determining whether or not you’ll qualify for a loan and what your loan terms will be. To help you along the process, our agent specialists at DOMA Properties have put together some ways in which you can improve your credit score quickly and easily.
1. Pay down your credit card. If possible, pay it down every month on time. This is the fastest way of improving your credit.
2. Use only 30% of your credit card maximum. You may ask why if you are still paying off what you charge every month without fault. The reason is that credit card companies like smaller spenders that are consistent. So stay within the 30% mark as a rule of thumb, and don’t charge your credit card to the max unless you absolutely have to.
3. Monitor your credit card accounts frequently. It is important to keep track of what you are charging to make sure that there aren’t any errors on your credit report.
4. Too many cards can not only be difficult to handle, but they can also lower your score if you are not careful to use them all consistently. Besides having to apply for them (which lowers your score with each application), having a credit card account that is open and inactive is just unnecessary.
5. Only charge what you know you can pay off. This is probably the most important part of owning a credit card, but sometimes the hardest to follow. Put together a monthly budget of your finances so you can better keep track of expenses and what you can ultimately charge on your credit card.
Are you in the process of looking for a home in Long Beach? Whether you are looking to buy or wanting to sell, contact one of our DOMA agents to help you along the process.
LONG BEACH LISTINGS
[idx-listings community=”Bixby, Bixby Knolls, Los Cerritos” minprice=”300000″ maxprice=”350000″ statuses=”1″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”3″ showlargerphotos=”true”]