Whether you are looking for a new home, or interested in learning how to preserve your own, DOMA Properties understands the need to incorporate the needs of all your family members, including your pup. These tips will help ensure that you can keep your animals safe and still have your home smell and look brand new!
Considering the Home’s Interior: Floor’s, Fabric & Cleaning
Flooring: Carpet vs. Hardwood
Whether you have carpet or hardwood or both, it is important to know the advantages and disadvantages alike. Depending on taste and proper care, having a pet shouldn’t stop you from tearing up a room to replace one for the other. It should, however, help you realize the differences in the two and give you tips to ensure both of their longevity potentials.
Carpet absorbs odors, traps pet hair and soaks up inevitable pet-related stains like a sponge. For the easiest to take care of carpet, choose a non-white low-pile carpet and have carpet stain remover ready for spills at all times.
Hardwood flooring will be the easiest to clean, is durable, and is a stylish surface for all occasions. However, make sure you choose a hardwood that has a mat finish for the flooring. A shiny finish shows scratches easier.
Remember, having a pet around the house doesn’t mean you have to give up your love for décor. You can have it all: furniture that is pleasing and comfortable, yet easily cleanable.
If you’re having trouble figuring out what to buy for your home, or how to arrange existing furniture for the most appeal, here are some general rules.
- The more multi-functional the furniture, the better.
- Dark colored furniture will mask the pet hair
- Slipcovers or throws can be thrown in the wash easily and will protect your most expensive furniture pieces while still appealing to the ultimate pet-friendly and stylish home décor.
- Use short pile throw rugs around your dog, as they like to dig into high pile rugs. Plus short pile rugs are much easier when it comes to removing hair.
One of the most persistent issues pet owners face is animal hair — on floors, furniture, and clothing. Here are some tips and tricks to help manage dog hair.
- Place an old towel or sheet wherever your puppy likes to rest, and periodically shake it outside to remove most of the hair before tossing it in the washing machine.
- Grooming your pup regularly will help diminish the problem of unruly hair.
- Place several sticky rollers around your home to remove hair from furniture and clothes
- Bathe and groom your pet often to eliminate pet odors and diminish the problem of unruly hair
LISTINGS IN LONG BEACH
[idx-listings city=”Long Beach” minprice=”550000″ maxprice=”600000″ statuses=”1″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”3″ showlargerphotos=”true”]